Friday, May 11, 2012

It's Official: How to study for finals.

Do you see a quiet campus? Is the air very thin? Do you see college students crying, with their heads in their hands? Is the library filled all of the sudden? You know what that means, it's finals week! I just finished my finals on thursday, so I feel like I can give better advice since I did them already! These are just a few tips that helped me out.

1) Get a head start.
Start studying the week before or even weeks before that, if not you'll just end up cramming and stressed. This goes for essays that count as finals, start by making an outline and begin writing it as soon as possible that way you have plenty of time to take it to your school's writing center. I did this for a for most of my classes but the one that I didn't do that for I was definitely cramming and stressed like no other. So Save yourself the time and sanity and START EARLY!

2) Find out what works for you.
Remember just because another persons studying technique works for them doesn't mean that it will work for you. Find out what works for you and you'll be on your way to awesome grades!

3) Make a study guide/ flashcards
It's easier to study from and all the information that you need to know is there. It's a lot more convenient than studying from a book.

Hope these tips were helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment