Friday, March 13, 2015

Get It Right, Get It Tight Routine

Hi friends Happy Friday! As promised on Monday I will be sharing my workout routine, mind you it's nothing extraordinary but I thought I'd share it because it might help somebody. If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to chime in! So here I go...

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am not a trainer, everything I'm sharing I learned from a trainer and personal preference! Now that we have the logistics out of the way...let's get started!




GYM DAY
If I'm going to the gym I like to plan my workouts ahead of time, otherwise I'm a chicken running around with my head cut off. I don't know about you but I hate that feeling, not knowing what you're going to do. As you know your girl loves to plan, so this is fun for me. After speaking with a trainer and figuring out what my goal is we determined that solid weightlifting and cardio (specifically HIIT) would be a good fit for me.

So when I go to the gym I ALWAYS lift first. I learned that doing intense cardio first drops your protein synthesis and your muscle breakdown goes high. You want you protein synthesis to be high when your lifting in addition to that your muscles are in a state of break down...no bueno! So lifting first then cardio!

The trainer at my gym was kind enough to make me a schedule for lifting days ie. leg, glue, back, shoulders, biceps etc. Now that I've got the hang of it I like to play around with the exercises. I found this cool app called JEFIT that has exercises for everything and it shows you how to do it so you don't have poor form!

After I'm done lifting I do some cardio, nothing crazy just enough to burn around 200+ calories! If I remember I stretch (I know bad Dahlia) I stretch, then down some water and go home.

At least once or twice a week I do HIIT or some other type of intense cardio.

This is what I do when I go to the gym! I hope this was somewhat interesting a informative. Please leave and questions, suggestions or comments down below!

xoxo

Truthfully Yours,



No comments:

Post a Comment