Friday, July 25, 2014

Chai Tea Lattes And Baked Things

Happy Friday! The long awaited weekend has finally arrived and I am beyond stoked. It's time to wind down, relax and prepare for next week. During the school and work week I need A LOT of caffeine and a little baked goods here and there to get me through the week. Recently my favorite caffeinated drink is a Starbucks iced chai tea latte with extra cinnamon, yum! I don't know what it is but whenever I'm under the influence of this beverage I feel like I get so much done. So to save money and remain on task I had to see if it was possible to make this delicious drink at home. After some trial and error in the kitchen I made the perfect drink! It's so easy and great for people on the go or with a great book in the sunshine!

Iced Chai Latte

3 Tazo Chai Tea Bags
Sweetner of Choice
2 Cinnamon Sticks ( I like extra cinnamon)
Milk (I prefer soy milk)
Ice


  1. Boil some water (I used a kettle)
  2. When water comes to a boil pour into a saucepan and place tea bags in it. Allow the bags to steep for about 10 minutes or so.
  3. Remove tea bags from the saucepan and add cinnamon sticks. Allow the mixture to come to a boil on the stove. 
  4. Add your sweetener of choice while it's boiling (I like stevia). 
  5. Remove the mixture from the stove and allow it to cool.  
  6. Get a cup, fill it 1/3 with ice. 
  7. Fill the cup halfway with the cooled chai mixture.
  8. Fill the cup to the top with milk. 
  9. Stir and enjoy! 
This recipe is just as good warm as well! 

What goes well with lattes? Donut holes obviously! I paired my delicious latte with some homemade baked cinnamon-sugar banana donut holes. SO GOOD! They were so easy to make! I found the recipe on Pinterest which led me to The Comfort Of Cooking blog! So many delicious recipes! After your done reading this head over to her blog for mouth watering recipes! Here's a picture of how my donut holes turned out! They look more muffin-esqe but they were still delish!


Head over to The Comfort of Cooking for the recipe! 


Let me know how your chai tea latte and donut holes turn out! 

xoxo












No comments:

Post a Comment