Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Real Life: DIY Denim Vest

I am finally realizing instead of just throwing out old clothes, just turn them into brand new pieces! That is just what I did with one of my old denim jackets that I was getting ready to throw out. I thought to myself this would make the perfect denim vest. 

What you are going to need:
- A denim jacket
- Scissors 

1. Cut off the sleeves of the jacket right along the seams

2. Once the sleeves have been cut off you are going to take the blade of the scissors and run the scissors up and down the area you just cut so you can get the frayed edges (very similar to ribbon curling). After you have frayed the edges throw it in the wash so you can that distressed look.  


Here is the finished product! 
Pardon the flash! 

I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial! Catch you guys later! 
xoxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment