Thursday, March 1, 2012

Who am I?

You are all are probably thinking, who does this girl think she is? Making a blog? Or nobody is thinking that...
Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Dahlia (Dah-lia) or as my family would say Dal-ya, either one is fine. I'm a sophomore in college and my major is communications with a concentration in public relations and a minor in cross cultural studies. What am I going to do with such a major? I hope to work for a public relations firm, then afterwards law school and then i plan to open up my own public relations firm. It's a lot for little ole me to accomplish, but I can do it. This society has made seem so easy for anyone to accomplish anything, overnight pop stars, millionaires, fashion designers. But they regret to inform all of us is that it takes a lot of work. For the last 19 years i really thought becoming rich and famous was easy. Sad right? I'm aware, but it's not my fault society influenced me. This is a terrible excuse but it's the truth, I have been societies little puppet for that last 19 years. They tell me what size I should be, the clothes i wear, what type of friends i should have, that I never actually asked myself what I wanted. I'm not saying that I want to completely shut out the rest of the world, but i'm just tired of it running me. I want to be myself. I'm not going to allow it to tell me who I should be. For example I am a thicker girl and I want to lose weight and the first thing that came to mind was I need to be skinny, not that I need to me healthy. See what I mean? Or when I all my friends had a certain brand, I went out and got it, not because I liked it but because everyone else had it. I can go on and on, but hopefully you get my point.
So this blog is a journey of coming into my own and making my dreams reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment